Vice President of Communications, Feb 2013-Feb 2014
- Implemented the chapter’s first blog in February 2013 that highlights individual and chapter achievements, inspirations and more. Click on the image or here to view. *I currently do not operate this blog
- Sisters for Soldiers
Sisters for Soldiers was a rewarding campaign I initiated in November 2013. The campaign partners with Soldiers Angels’ and consisted of collecting donations and letters to men and women in our armed forces. Tactics included a promotional video, letter signing booths on campus, chapter and organization visits, Facebook page, and Instagram/Twitter conversation via #AOIISFS. Over 230 letters were written alongside an estimated $2,400 worth of donated items. I finalized the campaign packet, outreach, chapter participation and packing days. Sisters for Soldiers is a part of Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity’s ‘PR in a Box’. You can read my blog post on the chapter blog, here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lm01mXvZAY
- Alpha Epsilon Pi’s Anti-Hazing Prevention Video
In October 2013, USF’s Alpha Epsilon Pi chapter hosted a video campaign for HazingPrevention.org. Below is the video in which I wrote the script and filmed the clips for. The overall video was edited by another sister in my chapter, Courtney Rogers. “What Would Our Founders Say About Hazing?”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjLvdeXMHU4
- #AOIIGOESBLUE, October 12 2013 (World Arthritis Day)
Executed our annual social media campaign in line with the AOII Goes Blue campaign from Alpha Omicron Pi’s PR in a Box initiative. Through social media, we promoted for our friends and family to wear blue on World Arthritis Day, October 12, to raise awareness for arthritis. Also, a booth was set up to hand out blue ribbons and relay facts about Arthritis at our universities Bull Market.
- Initiated “Just Yell Fire” events. Just Yell Fire is an organization dedicated to empowering women to know how to protect themselves from violence, that was founded by an alumnae of AOII. AOII headquarters adopted this program and added it to their box of PR initiatives. To introduce the program to USF, I implemented two introductory events. One was a movie night hosted at the AOII house, and we invited our sisterhood sorority Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) where we watched the Just Yell Fire: CAMPUS LIFE DVD. Below is the display at USF’s weekly Bull Market, we partnered with Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Clothing was collected for a women’s shelter and we had a board where passerbys could share what they deserve in a relationship.We also handed out a “Dating Bill of Rights” for all to keep!
- Executed the production of AOII’s Values Celebration Week Video. In March, USF Greek Life hosted their first “Values Celebrations Week”, which was a week of events catered to creating conversation about our fraternal values and how we uphold our organization’s rituals. I invited sisters to choose their favorite value and reflect on how it most relates to them.
- Contributed as a guest blogger to AOII headquarter’s official blog. Click on the image or here to view the post.